GEOSCAN Search Results: Fastlink

GEOSCAN Menu


TitleSurficial geology, Dahadinni River, Northwest Territories, NTS 95-N northwest
DownloadDownloads
AuthorDuk-Rodkin, A
SourceGeological Survey of Canada, Canadian Geoscience Map 298, 2018, 1 sheet, https://doi.org/10.4095/299113
Year2018
PublisherNatural Resources Canada
Editionprelim.
Documentserial
Lang.English
Maps1 map
Map Info.surficial geology, deposits, landforms, features, 1:100,000
ProjectionUniversal Transverse Mercator Projection, UTM zone 10 (NAD83)
Mediaon-line; digital
RelatedThis publication is related to the following publications
File formatreadme
File formatpdf (Adobe® Reader®); rtf; xls (Microsoft® Excel® 2010); gdb (ESRI® ArcGIS(TM) 10.x); shp (ESRI® ArcGIS(TM) 10.x); xml (ESRI® ArcGIS(TM) 10.x); mxd (ESRI® ArcGIS(TM) 10.x)
ProvinceNorthwest Territories
NTS95N/11; 95N/12; 95N/13; 95N/14
AreaDahadinni River
Lat/Long WENS-126.0000 -125.0000 64.0000 63.5000
Subjectssurficial geology/geomorphology; postglacial deposits; organic deposits; peatlands; fens; alluvial deposits; alluvial plains; flood plains; alluvial fans; colluvial deposits; landslide deposits; landslides; debris flows; slumps; mudflows; mass wasting; eolian deposits; glacial deposits; glacial features; glacial landforms; glaciolacustrine deposits; glacial lakes; proglacial lakes; thermokarst; glaciofluvial deposits; outwash; terraces; deltaic deposits; fans; ice contact deposits; kames; tills; till plains; drumlinoids; till ridges; hummocks; moraines; drumlins; glacial flutings; cirques; glacial erosion; meltwater channels; eskers; flow trajectories; erratics; ice flow; ice movement directions; sinkholes; sands; silts; clays; gravels; boulders; provenance; source areas; permafrost; periglacial features; paleogeography; paleodrainage; bedrock geology; lithology; Laurentide Ice Sheet; Canadian Shield; Canadian Cordillera; diamicton; tension cracks; retrogressive thaw flows; active layer detachment slides; jökulhaups; rotational slides; meltwater canyons; Phanerozoic; Cenozoic; Quaternary
Illustrationslocation maps; index maps
ProgramMackenzie Corridor Project Management, GEM2: Geo-mapping for Energy and Minerals
Image
Released2018 03 09
AbstractThe surficial geology represented in this map has been prepared at 1:50 000 scale and published at 1:100 000 scale. Surficial glacial deposits occupy approximately 95% of the map area. The other 5% of the map area is covered by exposed bedrock represented mainly by Devonian shale, limestone, sandstone, and minor Ordovician and Silurian dolomite, and Cretaceous sandstone and shale. Till deposits (units Tb, Tv, Tp, Td, Tr, Tm and Tx) represent ~ 60% of the surficial deposits. Lacustrine (units Lp, Lb, Lv, Lm, Lx) sediments represent ~12% of the surficial cover. About 13% of the area is covered by colluvial deposits (units Cv, Cx) most of which constitute landslides (unit Cz). Glaciofluvial sediments (units Gt, Gp, Gd, Gf and Gx) form about 5% of the surficial deposits and include prominent terraces along the Redstone and Dahadinni rivers. Alluvial deposits (units Ap, A f, Ax) cover about 3% of the map area. Peat deposits cover ~2%.
Summary(Plain Language Summary, not published)
Dahadinni River map area (95-N/NW) is a terrain located along the foothills of the Mackenzie Mountains, Northwest Territories and part of the Southern Mackenzie Corridor. The present map is a surficial geology map published at 1:100 000 scale. The surficial material/sediments mostly represent glacial deposits associated with the Laurentide glaciation in northwest Canada as well as montane and Cordilleran glaciations during the Late Pleistocene.
GEOSCAN ID299113